This week we’re going to talk about businesses that don’t cater to a specific area. Some of the techniques we’ve went over can work for strictly online businesses too.
Use the first techniques – http://cleverapple.com/an-easy-way-to-get-tutor-students-and-a-great-tool-for-scheduling/
You have students, they probably have friends that are taking the same class or enjoy the same activity that you’re teaching. Take a look at your current and past students and email them.
- Create a getting ready for the semester page.
2. Create something useful to help them. This can be a pdf / video / whatever. In order to get that they’ll need to give you their email address.
3. On the same page offer them a discount for signing up this week and offer them something if they refer a student to you. The goal is to actually speak with them, if I can talk to someone then I can usually sell whatever type of tutoring I’m offering.
4. A great way to get the phone number and to speak with them is to offer a free assessment. The prospective student can take an online test, you get the results, then call them with a list of five ways they can improve.
5. When you speak with them on the phone and they turn you down, don’t forget to tell them about how they can earn something by sending students your way.
By the way if you need some help in getting some students, we’ve been helping people for almost 20 years and we would love to help you.
Next time we’ll talk about how we created an assessment tool.