A big welcome to our new subscribers. You can find all of our past articles here â€“
We also encourage you to sign up for us on:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clever-Apple-Tutoring-Business-Help/186004714761452?ref=hl
We love answering questions, so if you have any you can email us (just reply to this email), you can comment us on Facebook, Plus or on our blog.
Are you ready for a wonderful New Year? I am. Hopefully you have made some goals for this year. Â I like to think that a goal has four parts.
- A clear objective, with a number â€“ I will lose ten pounds. I will get one new tutor client. I will double my business income.
- A end date. By the end of the year. Each month. Dec. 31st 2013.
- A reward for achieving the objective.
- Write it down. Share it with at least four of your closest friends; at least one of them should hold yourself accountable.
So one of my goals â€“ I will work at least 2 hours every day building my business. Then for each month I did this Iâ€™ll get a different reward, which gets progressively better as the months go by.
Want some accountability, let us know in the comments what your goals are for this year.
In Case you missed it â€“
Parts one and two of our Start An Online Tutor business series can be found at the links below.
Part 3 â€“
Today weâ€™re going to work on getting the webhosting setup for our project. This may seem to be a bit daunting at first, but donâ€™t worry you can do it. Like many of the things weâ€™ll be talking about, at first it will seem difficult and take awhile, but as you get more comfortable with it youâ€™ll do it without thinking about it. Setting up the hosting is something youâ€™ll only need to do once or twice.
Remember if you would like us to do it we would be happy to build your website for you. Details about that can be found here â€“
Remember it also includes access to our online tutoring guide.
- Choose a Host. Hosting prices and quality range from super cheap to super expensive. The quality of the hosting also ranges from super awesome to very poor. Weâ€™ve been hosting websites with different companies for almost 15 years. Weâ€™ve had an excellent experience using Dream Host. During this tutorial weâ€™ll be telling you how to set things up using them. Please note going with a different hosting company doesnâ€™t mean you wonâ€™t be able to follow along, it just may make it a bit more difficult.
- You can save $20 today by signing up with Dream Host â€“ go here – http://www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?458805 Enter the Code CLEVERAPPLE.
- Follow the link above. Click on Sign Up. It asks for a few different pieces of information. Make sure you use a good password (and save that information in your notepad file we talked about).
Next time weâ€™ll talk about setting up your hosting with your domain name, which should hopefully be tomorrow on our blog.
Links you can use â€“
A good article about New Yearâ€™s Goals and dreams for your business.
A Business Tip â€“ I always forget when writing checks in the New Year. Today go into your check book and put 2013 on all of your checks. I usually have to do this for a few months until I get the hang of the New Year.
Hope you have a wonderful day.