I thought today we would talk about the flu and some different ways to deal with it (making sure you donâ€™t get, you students donâ€™t, what happens if you (or them) do get the flu.
On Friday on our blog weâ€™ll be bringing you a tip for getting you more students (and if you like it weâ€™ll be doing that every Friday). Next week we will finish tweaking our blog weâ€™ve been working on creating.
Weâ€™ve gotten several emails from different folks asking if we could create a website for them. Yes we can and weâ€™ll offer you a discount thru January 31st, 2013.
No matter which payment option you choose weâ€™ll:
- Help you choose and buy a domain name. This is an additional cost. Weâ€™ll assist you in purchasing the domain name.
- Weâ€™ll set up hosting for your site. All the packages include a year of web hosting.
- Weâ€™ll create the site using wordpress. Weâ€™ll talk about the five pages youâ€™ll want to make sure you have on your blog. Youâ€™ll need to write those five pages of content.
- Youâ€™ll choose a template you want to use. Weâ€™ll put the template on the site and use the five pages of content.
- Weâ€™ll help you create a media plan and send you a list of places / people youâ€™ll want to friend for your facebook business page. Weâ€™ll help you create a facebook business page, a Google Plus page and a Pinterest Page.
If youâ€™ve bought any of our courses – $250.00.
If you havenâ€™t bought any of our courses – $500.
We can break it down into two payments.
To get started send us a note. firstname.lastname@example.org
In Case you missed it â€“
We created a couple of couple of different videos on building your website. You can find them at the following links â€“
The Flu and Your Students
I donâ€™t know how things are where you live but today in our neck of the woods there were almost 20 school closings because of the flu. Here are some steps you can take to help your business stay flu free.
- Make sure in the initial tutor consultation that you talk about what to do if the student is feeling back. If youâ€™re tutoring them face to face and they arenâ€™t feeling well, you wonâ€™t get very much teaching done anyway. Explain during this consultation how theyâ€™ll make the time up. Now is a good time to remind students and parents of this policy.
- Make sure you wash your hands frequently and everyone uses hand sanitizer.
- Disinfect frequently – Mix Â¼ cup of chlorine bleach into one gallon of hot water to disinfect surfaces. Disinfect door knobs, desks, light switches, handles, telephones, toys and other surfaces people frequently touch such as tabletops, counters and chair backs. Donâ€™t let germs hang around on cleaning cloths or towels, either! Choose paper towels that can be thrown away.
- Weâ€™ve talked about back up plans before. If you get the flu then go to your backup plan. Rest, talk to your doctor, rest. If you donâ€™t have a back up plan, you want to think about finding someone who could tutor for you if youâ€™re ill, when you go on vacation etc.
Links you can use â€“ an interesting place to offer your tutoring services – http://www.liveperson.com/experts
A Business Tip â€“ Â Get more Business â€“ one thing youâ€™ll face in running your business is decreasing your expenses. I good way to figure out what expenses you have is to track them (even your petty cash). A good place to find some free tools you can use to do this can be found here – http://www.gasmileageguide.com/gas-savings-blog/free-tools-to-help-you-track-your-spending/saving-money
You can find all of our past articles here â€“
We also encourage you to sign up for us on:
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clever-Apple-Tutoring-Business-Help/186004714761452?ref=hl
We love answering questions, so if you have any you can email us (just reply to this email), you can comment us on Facebook, Plus or on our blog.
Hope you have a wonderful day.