Hope your Tuesday is going wonderfully. I can’t wait for Spring. Today I got an article in my inbox that I thought you would be interested.
It is all about taking complaints and using them to build and grow your business. I know that sounds crazy but it is very possible to do it (and I’ve done it before).
I like this bit especially â€“ theyâ€™re speaking about complaints.
<< quote >>
Hereâ€™s what it is â€“ and what it isnâ€™t:
- Itâ€™s an opportunity, NOT an aggravation.
- Itâ€™s an opportunity, NOT a problem.
- Itâ€™s an opportunity, NOT a complaint.
- Itâ€™s a chance for WOW, NOT an angry customer.
- Itâ€™s a chance for management to convert to leadership.
- Itâ€™s a chance to get a positive post on Facebook.
- Itâ€™s a chance for the customer to â€œtweetâ€ their pleasure.
- Itâ€™s a chance to create a loyal customer.
- Itâ€™s a chance to generate positive word-of-mouth advertising.
- Itâ€™s an opportunity to prevent this situation from reoccurring.
<< quote >>
So how does that relate to you?
So complaints aren’t aggravating but an opportunity. One thing to remember is if someone complains about something usually there are others that have the same complaint but aren’t talking about it.
Let’s say for instance you have a tutor that isnâ€™t teaching or tutoring during the times they’re supposed to be. They are texting to their friends instead of tutoring students. One of the parents brings this to your attention. Now is an opportunity to help them get the best tutor experience for them (and their child). You speak to the tutor and give them another chance. They begin to tutor much better than before. You of course watch and monitor them. You also give the client a month’s free tutoring. They really like the enjoyable experience and they tell people about it. This gives you a positive image in the community.
Let’s go the other direction –
They come complaining to you and you do nothing. They leave your tutor business. They tell all their friends and family that you are not a reliable tutor.
The first method takes a bit more time and effort but the dividend it provides is tremendous.
Enjoy your day.