I know I said that the next issue would be the first week in August, but I wanted to share a couple of things with you.
We want to welcome our new subscribers and the folks that have recently purchased one of our tutor guides.
We have a couple of new specials on our website, you can find details for both of them here.
I would like to encourage you to join us in the free Q and A Webinar that is coming up in August. If you would like to send us a question, you can just send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some Quick Local Business promotion ideas
I took a road trip a couple of weeks ago with my wife and daughter. It was my daughterâ€™s last Ortho appointment and we wanted to get some shopping in too. I canâ€™t believe that Haley is going to be a senior this year.
We stopped at a restaurant one day; they had a bulletin board just outside of the rest room. I have mentioned before about using a flyer and how that it could help you grow your tutor business, but I had never seen it in action before. We sat so I could watch as people waited to use the restroom and then they would of course look at the flyers that folks had left there.
I had checked it out and there were flyers for lawn care, windows, house cleaning, but no tutors. I actually think that would have been a great place to put one. As I watched people I noticed something, more people were taking pictures of the ad, than were pulling off the tear off with the phone number on it.
Here are some additional tips for doing tear away sheets â€“ they still work and maybe even better now.
- Make your Flyer colorful, but make sure that your business name, telephone number, and website are big â€“ so that if people do take a picture of your ad, theyâ€™ll be able to see it clearly. Test it out using your own cell phone.
- Only one of the ads on the wall included a coupon. Make sure to include one with your flyer. It will not only bring more customers, but will help you track the ad. Weâ€™ve talking about tracking before, so I wonâ€™t talk about it again.
- Remember to be specific about what you tutor, the age groups of who you tutor.
- One of the ads had a QR code â€“ you know those box things that donâ€™t look like anything. In the Useful URLs section youâ€™ll find some tips on how to make one of your own.
- Make sure that you check on your ad at least once a week â€“ and if all of your phone numbers have been torn off, every time you visit then you may want to go more often.
- Remember to track each location you have a flyer. Try new places, remove your flyer from places that donâ€™t perform well. Get to know the owner of the establishment, tell them what you do, youâ€™ll be surprised how often they hear of someone that may need just the service that youâ€™re offering.
Useful URLs â€“ All about QR codes – http://www.qrstuff.com/
Quote – I attribute my success to this: I never gave or took any excuse. â€“Florence Nightingale
Follow us / more information.
You can find much more information on our blog. Just use the search box and type something in, you may be surprised at what you find.
or find us on Facebook.