Hope your November is going well. Today we’re going to talk about thanking your customers. I also wanted you to know about our publishing schedule for the next few weeks.
We’re going to be super busy working on another project.
We’ll be changing our newsletter schedule to every two weeks.
We also want to take a moment and thank you for reading our newsletter, we do appreciate it and hope we have helped you grow your business.
Thanking your customers
Thanksgiving is a wonderful time to do this, but you should be doing these things all of the time. Here are a few ideas.
1. Remember the cost of your thank you is not as important as the thought. One thing we’ve done for clients over the years is bake them some goodies, find something nice to put them in (like a coffee cup or a tupperware bowel) and wrap it up with a nice ribbon. Just make sure you know if they have any allergies.
2. Give them coupons off your services, remember to give them one to share (one they keep and the other they give away).
3. No matter what you give, add to it by given them a handwritten card. Don’t just use something generic but thank them specifically. For instance. “It has been my pleasure to tutor Johnny, he makes me laugh every time i see him. Thanks so much for letting us serve you.”
4. Normally you may get some gifts from your clients too. Make sure to send them a nice handwritten thank you note.
5. Every time you speak with a prospective new client, even if they don’t sign up for your tutor services you should make sure to send them a thank you note, thanking them for the opportunity to speak with them.
Marketing tip –
This has worked for us over the years. In your advertising market your tutor services as something someon could give away as a gift. I didn’t think it would work either but it did.