First we want to welcome all of our new subscribers and our new customers. Hopefully your New Year is going well. Today weâ€™re going to talk about 5 ways to get new customers you may not have thought about and 7 reasons you want to build a website.
If you have any ideas of things you would like for us to cover please send us a note â€“ you can reply to this email or if youâ€™re on our blog you can leave a comment below.
*** Our tip of the month ****
Donâ€™t forget if you pay taxes quarterly youâ€™ll want to make sure to pay it this weekend. They arenâ€™t due until the 17th because of the holiday.
Iâ€™ll never forget my first year in business. I had a huge tax bill at the end of the yearâ€¦ I guess I thought it was all free money. Since then when I figure out what the quarterly payments are going to be, I break them down into weekly payments.
Quarterly payments are due â€“ for 2012
April 17, 2012
June 15, 2012
September 17, 2012
January 15, 2013
If my quarterly tax bill is $800 then weâ€™ll want to set aside $100 a week. This is because for the time period between April and June is about 8 weeks. This allows you to set aside some extra money. Your tax bill for the year would be $3200 â€“ you would save $5200.00 â€“ you would have $2000.00 left.
Tutor Business Tips â€“ Five ways to get new students you may not have thought about.
- Offer a free class â€“ a free class letâ€™s you show people you know what youâ€™re talking about. Pick a topic that most of your students have trouble with. Offer an hour class. Make sure you create a registration form and then follow up with the attendees later. Youâ€™ll also want to make sure you give them some information about your services.
- Attend sports events â€“ showing support for schools you tutor in is never a bad idea. You can also mention it on Facebook about how much fun you had at the game. Just make sure you attend games when your team isnâ€™t playing an in town rival.
- Advertise in sports programs â€“ usually cheap. Make sure to include What you tutor, offer something at no cost, include your phone / website.
- Trade with someone on Facebook â€“ if someone in your town has a facebook fan page. Offer to trade some traffic with them. Youâ€™ll mention them in one of your posts and they can mention you.
- Take a guidance counselor out to lunch â€“ many people make a good living by students that are sent to them from the guidance counselor. If you donâ€™t have a good relationship with the guidance counselor in your school youâ€™ll want to work on changing that. One of the easiest ways is to take them to lunch.
I think next week weâ€™re going to talk about how to create something you can give away.
Continue â€“ Why Have a Website?
Today weâ€™re going to step back for a moment. Why would you want to have a website for your business if you only want to have a few students? Here are some reasons:
- Communication â€“ in our guide we showcase a system that automatically notifies clients when they have an upcoming tutor session, either online or off. You can set it once and it automatically notifies them at set intervals that they have a tutor session coming up.
- Marketing â€“ when your site is up, if you do it right you will get free traffic from people that are searching on the internet. The only costs you will have is hosting.
- Online tutoring â€“ make up missed tutor sessions. Expand your business by tutoring people that donâ€™t live near you. Hold classes (either a series of them or one).
- Showcase your success â€“ a website allows you to showcase your success. Â Present testimonials about how youâ€™ve helped real people.
- Extending your advertising $$ – including the url on your advertising allows people to come and visit your site. This extends your advertising from a few sentences to pages of good information.
- Filter prospects â€“ if you tutor languages. People will know this when they visit your site.
- Allows prospects to get to know you. A good blog / website will help clients become more comfortable with you and how well you tutor.
Remember with our new tutor program we do all of this work for you. The details can be found here –
Setting up a hosting account.
Setting up your blog.
Adding things to your blog / making it SEO friendly.
The smart way to post content.
Hope you have a wonderful week.