Hey itâ€™s Friday. Hope your week has been going well. It has gotten cold here again, but at least we donâ€™t have any snow and the flu bug hasnâ€™t come calling yet.
Today weâ€™re going to list some things youâ€™ll want to make sure you have. These tools youâ€™ll need as we talk about some simple ways to promote your business, which we should be doing every Friday here on our blog. Since weâ€™ve talked about most of these before, weâ€™ll include links to where we talked about.
- Business Cards â€“ http://www.cleverapple.com/blog/how-to-get-your-first-tutor-student-part-3/
- A Brochure â€“ http://www.cleverapple.com/blog/how-to-create-a-brochure-and-a-30-second-commercial/
- An elevator speech â€“ weâ€™ve not really talked about this. You should have a 30 to 60 second speech memorized about your business. This can be the part you add to a conversation when someone saysâ€¦ â€œWhat do you do?â€Â Some guidance on what you can include in your elevator speech can be found here. http://www.dumblittleman.com/2007/08/how-to-craft-killer-elevator-pitch-that.html
- An email signature â€“ in every email you send youâ€™ll want to make sure you have an email signature for your email. Youâ€™ll want to include your tutor business name, what you tutor, your phone number and website address. Every email program is different so just search Google for details on how to set it up.
- A promotion journal â€“ Get a notebook and write down every day what youâ€™ve done to promote your site. You should make it your goal to talk to at least one person about your business every day. Â Critique yourself. List what you did well during the conversation and what you did poorly. Work on improving.
Enjoy your weekend.