A big welcome to our new subscribers and new customers.
Hopefully your week is going well. We had some nice comments and notes from last weekâ€™s newsletter. Apparently there are a whole lot of people doing really well with their summer tutor programs. Remember these programs donâ€™t only work for your current students, but you can use them to get new customers.
We also got a note from someone that mentioned their numbers were down some. They had a beautiful website but it needed some tweaks. This weekâ€™s article is about how to make sure youâ€™ve included everything you need to in your website (but also your brochures, ads, etc.).
We love hearing from you. Questions, comments, ideas you want to share. Just hit reply to this note or you can use the comments section on our blog.
This week weâ€™ve also added a To Do list. Hopefully this will help you build your business.
Weâ€™ve also tweaked / tuned our website. Weâ€™ve added some new programs, made payment plans for some items and hopefully made it easier to use and understand. Hereâ€™s a good page that will let you see some of the changes.
These Five Things can Help Build your Tutor Business
- You want to actually present what youâ€™re selling and give folks a way to buy it. A great copywriter told me you only need three things to succeed. Tell people what youâ€™ve got. Tell people how it will benefit them, and then tell them what to do next. You want to make sure you have at least all three of these things in your advertising. A simple example of this would be â€“ On April 10th weâ€™ll be offering a 4 hour course on how to pass your ACT test. This course will be at the Rec Center and will be $25. This course will cover everything you need to make a great grade the first time. You can click on the link below to reserve your spot or call us at 1-555. Spots are limited. Call before April 5th and weâ€™ll give you a coupon for 10% off a private tutor session. In that simple bit we have included the three things you need. Weâ€™ve also given them a reason to contact us now and weâ€™ve put in some tracking information to.
- Make sure you make it clear how to contact you. When people visit your site or look at your brochure they should have no doubt of how to contact you. You should have at least your phone number and a clickable email link or a contact form.
- Track how youâ€™re getting your leads. Weâ€™ve mentioned this before, but you should have some ideas for discounts. You should have different discounts for each of your different offers.
- If you have an office, let people know how to find you. You should have your address on your website. You can use Google Places to let people find exactly where you are.
- Give people a reason to contact you today. Offer them a limited time discount. Sometimes doing this will push them into acting todayâ€¦ instead of waiting.
Resources you can use â€“
Taking Action – Tuesday Tutor Business Tip â€“ Taking Action
To Do List for the Week â€“
- Make sure you have a tutor program outlined for this summer. Your goal should be to announce it to your students by the middle of next month and begin advertising in May.
- Take a look at your current literature, advertising and website. Make sure it includes the five things we mentioned. If not revise.
- If you have a Facebook page make sure you are ready for the â€œnewâ€ look.
- Do something fun with your family this weekend.
Have a wonderful week!!