News â€“ My dad is doing some better. He is still in the Trauma ICU but should be transferred out of there in a day or two. We have a long road of physical therapy etc., but we are thankful that he is still with us. Today weâ€™re going to talk some about some things you can do to earn some more money around the holidays.
Next issue will be Dec. 4th and Dec. 18th.
The holidays are approaching both Thanksgiving and Christmas, we have some tips for you to both earn some extra cash as well as make sure youâ€™re earning what you should be from your current clients.
- Find out when your students will be out of town. This holds true for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you still owe them tutor sessions make sure you have them scheduled so youâ€™ll be able to get paid. Normally schools have several days off before and after the holiday â€“ more Christmas than Thanksgiving but many schools also allow students to be off on Weds. Make sure you talk with each of your students early, fill the spots as you speak with them, but also ask if theyâ€™re flexible and if they are get the date for their second choice.
- Semester exams and papers will be due soon. Think about providing your students with any extra help they may need. Iâ€™ve found that if you do this on the weekends then you want disrupt your normal schedule. You should of course know when your students have finals as well as papers and you also know which students may need a little extra help.
- During holidays â€“ many parents still need to work. Now might be a great time to think about putting on a workshop that would last all day(s) while the parents are at work. These could be something fun, like a creative writing workshop, or work â€“ like a ACT / SAT workshop or something in between (my favorite).
- Some tutors take the holiday off, if youâ€™re one of those why not think about improving your tutor business (build a website / improve your social media presence).
- The end of the year is also a great time to think about goals and where you want your tutor business to head in the future. http://www.cleverapple.com/blog/setting-goals-and-a-discount/
Follow us / more information.
You can find much more information on our blog. Just use the search box and type something in, you may be surprised at what you find.
or find us on Facebook.