Apologies that I didn’t send out the newsletter yesterday. My wife’s great Aunt passed away earlier in the week and her visitation was yesterday.
A few things –
We will be raising the prices on our Online Guide (Gold / Silver / Just the package) next week. Those of you that have already purchased the program, your prices will remain locked for as long as you continue to keep your subscription active.
Here is the link to the product – http://cleverapple.com/online-tutoring-guide/
Tutoring Life Skills
This week and next week (on our blog – Tuesday we’ll highlight some old articles that relate to tutoring skills and Thursday we’ll talk about how to set things up), we’re going to talk some about tutoring skills. I like to refer to them as ‘life’ skills but they could be anything from how to crochet, cook, hunt, fish, garden, a whole gamut of things that you can show other people how to do (or get better at) and they’ll be willing to pay you for it.
Even people that tutor school subjects during the school year, can supplement their income by tutoring these life skills during the summer. Today we’re going to talk about knowing your market and the most important thing is will it be profitable.
- You will need to tutor something that you’re good at. We’re all good at something. When you start tutoring whatever this skill is, you’ll be doing it quite a bit, so you will not only need to do it well, but enjoy it too.
- Is there a market for it? The easiest way to do this is to look online. We’ll use an off the wall subject as an example. We’ll pretend that we are a model builder and enjoy building models and want to teach other people how to do it.
- Go to Google – https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl
- Do a search “learn how to (insert your subject here”.
- I typed in ‘learn how to build car models’, there are 182 million results. Normally I look for ads to go along with the results. There were no ads, but there were 180 million results (that’s a lot). I like to make sure there are at least a million or so results, with those results at least three or four ads. These ads tell me that not only are people searching for the topic, businesses are advertising. I wish that I knew how to build model cars. We’ll do another example – learn how to play golf. If you search that you’ll find there are two ads at the top, with 102 million results. Again this would be a good topic to invest your time and energy in. Now lets do learn how to pole vault. This topic has about 600 thousand results, no ads. So it would not be a good subject to tutor. By the way we love helping people, if you have an idea of what you want to do, but can’t figure out if it would make money or not, then we can help. Just contact us.
- Think about the products that you would sell to someone. For model cars, I would start brain storming. I will build a simple pdf – 10 pages or so that shows people how to build a simple model car. I will make this guide the best I can possibly make it so I can convince people to sign up for my newsletter. We bribe them to subscribe with this document. I will then expand on that, create a “manual” make it 50 or so pages long and sell it for $19.00. We’ll then create a course and charge monthly for it. I would also do live tutor sessions for people that want ‘extra’ help. Brainstorm.
- Start hanging out where other model car builders congregate online. Begin to make a list of where I visit. Learn about the problems that many of the model builders are having – find problems and develop solutions. Those are really the two keys for building any successful business.
Thanks for reading and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Some articles you might have missed.
Follow us / more information.
You can find much more information on our blog. Just use the search box and type something in, you may be surprised at what you find.
or find us on Facebook.