Welcome to our new subscribers. I can’t believe most schools in our area will be starting in the next couple of weeks. We usually have a lot of snow in the winter and lots of hills / mountains that are poorly maintained.
Today we’re going to talk some about saving money on tutor supplies. I’ve found the back to school sales are a great opportunity to save money on supplies you’ll need all year long.
Notes and Reminders –
1. Â We’ve been working hard on getting the next piece of our guide completed. This portion will focus on online tutoring. One thing we’ve found it’s not as expensive as you may think it is. This guide will focus on videos – with worksheets and mindmaps. One reminder – if you purchase (or have purchased our guide) you’ll get these free. You need to make sure you place your order before August 1st. You can use this link to order.
2. Here’s our upcoming schedule of what we’ll be talking about… want something different please let us know. (you can just reply to this email)
August – Starting your tutoring business (getting your first student)
Sept / Oct – Tutoring your Students
November / December – Growing your business
Jan / Feb – Online tutoring
1. The first thing you want to do is make a list of all of the supplies you’re looking for.
2. Check out the sales papers in your area to check out the prices for the items on your list. Here is a site that lists all of the major stores and will give you access to their current sales papers. http://www.sundaysaver.com/
3. For big ticket items make sure you check out online sources. I’ve reviewed some of the online sites for things like notebooks etc. and haven’t really been impressed. Deals always change online so I’ve included some urls below. One thing you want to make sure when pricing items include the shipping.
http://www.officemax.com/ – there offering some nice in store coupons from the site for the next few days.
4. When you’ve spotted some good places to pick up items you’ll then want to see if there are any manufacturers coupons. A great place to start is here – http://www.savingsandcoupons.com
5. Make sure to account for any store coupons – example spend $25 and get $5 off. Ask your friends if they’ve found any deals. Also share your deals with others. Some stores will match the prices of other stores. You’ll want to make sure you have all your sales papers / coupons ready before you venture out.
If you find a super deal – buy extra.
If you’re shopping for electronics – deal news has a great site with different deals almost every day. This works well if you don’t need a particular item this week – http://dealnews.com/.
Good luck and hopefully this will help you save a buck or two.
Traffic Tips – Email Signature –
Every email you send is an opportunity to market your business. You’ll want to make sure you tell them what you’re doing and how to contact you. Include links to your website, facebook, etc.
A reminder you signed up for the newsletter here:
We look forward to seeing you next week.