Happy Tuesday. Hope your week is going well so far. We just got finished with Fall Break here. It’s always nice to take a break every now and then, that’s just what I did.
We’re changing the schedule up a bit. Today we’re going to talk about setting up your Pinterest account and on Thursday we’ll be talking about how to post useful things on Pinterest. Weâ€™ll give you step by step instructions on how to do it â€“ and itâ€™s not as hard as you think.
Before we get started weâ€™ve tested Pinterest out quite a bit and we have found it is worth the time for you to set up your account and work on it at least a day every week. When I say itâ€™s worth it that means in our internal testing we have gotten sales directly from it. I just want to remind you that we never recommend you do something, unless weâ€™ve already tested itâ€¦ and it works.
- Go to Pinterest â€“ http://pinterest.com/
- Click Join Pinterest
- There are a couple of different ways you can join. I would recommend you sign up using your business email address.
- For your username â€“ make it your business name. Make sure (if possible to have tutor in the name and the city / area you serve.Â You can use 15 characters, so make them count. Enter you business email, a good password, for your name, put in your business name â€“ use the same guidance as we mentioned for your account name, then put in your gender and then click create an account. Make sure you also upload a logo or picture of your business then click
- Youâ€™ll then want to browse some images â€“ choose things related to education / the areas you tutor.Â Youâ€™ll definitely want to check out the education category.
- Next youâ€™ll want to go into settings.Â Youâ€™ll want to fill out completely the about section. Youâ€™ll want to include Explain 1) your brand and message 2) what the content of your pins will be about so users visiting your Pinterest account know what to expect. Â (Pinterest provides 160 characters [about 20 words] for you to do so: make sure you are specific and concise.)
- Youâ€™ll then want to click on Boards â€“ and create some boards that are related to: the area where you live, the subjects you tutor, education in general, learning in general and I always like to include a words of wisdom section.
Pinterest will send you an email and youâ€™ll definitely want to make sure that you verify it. Youâ€™ll just need to click on a link.
Weâ€™ll work on getting you a video that details this process and give you some more tips on Thursday so stay tuned.
News of Note –
Just wanted to mention that Amazon has a cool app that is free today. Manic Math which You can find Â here.
Enjoy your day.