News â€“ A big welcome to our new subscribers.
Most people are getting ready for their summer vacations. We hope you have a wonderful time with you and your family and take some time to get rested and refreshed.
Weâ€™ll have a more relaxed newsletter schedule this summer as well. Your next newsletter should be hitting your inbox on June 21st.
Weâ€™ll continue to post updates on our blog.
Getting Reviews and Testimonials â€“
I wrote a post this week about some things youâ€™ll want to make sure you do before the students leave school for the summer. You can check that post out here â€“
One of the things youâ€™ll want to make sure you get a reviews and testimonials.
The best testimonials are video testimonials. Ask them how your tutoring helped their child do better in school. You can use your cell phone to do the video although Iâ€™ve found that real video cameras work best.
If they donâ€™t want to do the video review you can ask them a series of questions and you can compile their answers into a review.
- What was your goal of bringing your child to us?
- How did we help you reach your goal?
- What was your favorite part of working with us?
There are many different review sites around. Some work well and others donâ€™t work very well at all. Youâ€™ll want to check competitors in your area and find out where there reviews are coming from (if they even have any reviews at all).
Where ever they are getting reviews youâ€™ll want to get started there. Weâ€™ll say for our exercise here theyâ€™re coming from Yelp.
- Go to Yelp. http://www.yelp.com/
- Youâ€™ll want to create a business account. https://biz.yelp.com/support
- Youâ€™ll want to solicit reviews from your current customers. During your end of the year review youâ€™ll want to fill out a review. It takes about five minutes for them to create an account. You can even let them use your computer. If you get some resistance from them you can offer a discount on next yearâ€™s tutoring or on one of your summer tutor programs.
To Do List for the Week â€“
- Get reviews and testimonials from your current tutor students.
Have a wonderful week!