It has been a crazy week here. We did survive almost a foot of snow. It has been melting during the day and then refreezing at night which makes me think of driving around an ice skating rink. The only difference is there are now steep drops if you skate off the rink.
We did our revised post earlier this week – http://cleverapple.com/helping-customers-see-your-facebook-posts/ I had meant to do a post yesterday but didn’t get around to it. Normally I don’t have to drive, now I am everyone’s chauffeur. Hopefully the snow melts and the roads get back to normal at least for a few days next week.
We talked some in Tuesdays article about facebook. I had a few questions about getting some initial followers of your page. The problem of course is when you have just a few followers then people are leery about joining your group. I have found that when you have around 100 or so, that reluctance begins to disappear. Here are some suggestions in getting the first 100 followers.
- Ask your immediate family on Facebook – as them to follow your page, and then share a post on their timeline. You should have made a good welcome post telling everyone what you’ll be posting, they can share that post with their friends.
- Ask your friends list – ask them to share it too.
- You can advertise on Facebook, with a goal of getting likes. We’ve done some testing and found that ‘normal’ advertising brings in just as many likes. Promote your welcome post – if you’re tutoring locally then just advertise local – even if you’re tutoring nationally you can start local with your advertising.
- Post something every day – every other day. Good content that is related to whatever you’re tutoring.
- Engage with your audience.
I hope you have a great weekend.