I hope your August is going well. We’ve written over the past several weeks of a couple of different topics that might interest you. Here they are –
Creating an Assessment Tool
We talked some last time about creating an Assessment tool for your business. What we want to happen is something like this.
- Customer comes to your website.
- They see that you have a free assessment tool and contact you.
- You send them information about the tool, give them clear instructions and how to return the assessment to you.
- If they don’t send the assessment back – email them a couple of days later, reminding them.
- When you get the assessment review it, find some ways you can help them and contact them for a phone call. Create your review / pdf that will go over problems area.
- Send them the pdf the day of the phone call, remind them of when you’ll be calling them.
- During the phone call, go over what the student needs work on and talk to them about their strengths as well. At the end of the call – many times during the call they’ll ask, offer them your services at a discounted price.
It is super easy to do. A ‘live’ example of the process can be found at the bottom of our tutor page.
Finding an assessment tool to use is easy. You probably already have one, if you don’t they are easy to find. For our NCLEX site we use a tool that future students will need anyway, a book that has a question database. If you need one just do a search. Example ‘geometry assessment’.
We found this page which has assessments for all different type of Math.
Remember it isn’t the assessment you’re selling, it is you telling the student what they need to work and focus on to make a good grade.
Get copies of all the calendars for schools you tutor in. Make a note know of when all the long breaks are going to be. Fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Spring break etc. Remember these are times that you can add some additional tutor income to your business. You could plan specific camps or tutor packages during this time, both for new students and current students.
As school is starting give your tutor students and their parents information they can give out to people that they meet. This can include business cards and brochures that you’ve made.
Each new customer you sign up for the school year has the potential to send you more business. As you’re signing them up, don’t forget to explain to them about your referral program.
Hope you enjoy your week.